Twilight of the Three Kingdoms
Khalim is a metropolis that lies on the eastern coast of the Sea of Argent. It is the capital city of the kingdom of Khalim, and is a constitutional monarchy. Ruled by Queen Talia.
The city of Khalim consists of multiple districts. Of the districts, the Palace, Noble, Merchant, and part of the Entertainment quarter lie within the Old Wall, constructed long ago. The remaining areas of the city, the Harbor, Commoner Ward, and the remaining Entertainment district are far removed from the generally serene life inside the Old Walls. The Noble have no desire to see it change.
- The Palace: The Royal Estate lies in this district, situated in the center of the city.
- The Noble Quarter: The estates of various nobles make up this quarter, along with a varied assortment of top tier inns and shops.
- The Merchant Quarter: The bulk of commerce happens in the Merchant Quarter, situation between the Harbor and the Commoner’s Quarter. Any manner of item can be bought or sold here if you know where to look.
- The Entertainment Quarter: A varied assortment of acting companies call this quarter home. The streets are lined with theaters of all varieties. The lanterns are almost never dimmed in this part of Khalim.
- The Harbor: This area is largely cordoned off due to strict immigration laws which have been in effect since Khalim joined the Three Kingdoms. Several ships enter and depart the Harbor daily, and Khalim citizens may come and go as they please.
- The Commoner’s Quarter: The average everyday citizen lives here for the most part, though some dark corners of this ward have become a slum, hosting undesirables and foreigners of all sorts. The policy in this part of the city is don’t ask, don’t tell.